FOAM-Out offers three-day camping and backpacking adventures around New England. This year, we are running two types of trips:
Camping in the Berkshires or the White Mountains
- Campsite-based trip with day hikes and outdoor activities
- Open to anyone! Hiking will be lighter intensity, covering 2-5 miles per day, and campsites come equipped with (limited) facilities
- Opportunity to have fun and relax outside – think day hikes, campfires, s’mores – and yes, you’re sleeping outside in a tent!
- Day 0 (7/25) – Welcome to AMS, gear check, and meet your classmates!
- Day 1 (7/26) – Early departure for destination, hike into campsite, day hike around area, set up and enjoy camp!
- Day 2 (7/27) – Morning hike and fun outdoor afternoon activity with opportunity for swimming and exploring
- Day 3 (7/28) – Short hike in the morning, drive back to RI, and all-FOAM wrap-up dinner/program back at AMS
Backpacking in New Hampshire
- 3-day adventure with more substantial hiking; requires carrying backpack with ~40 lbs of gear site-to-site
- Backpackers can expect awesome views and an opportunity to truly “disconnect” for a few days
- Recommended for students with some outdoors and/or backpacking experience – hikes will cover 4-8 miles per day with stretches of steep terrain, and trips will be staying at backcountry campsites
- Day 0 – Welcome to AMS, gear check, and meet your classmates!
- Day 1 – Early drive to trailhead in NH, with half-day of backpacking to first campsite; set up and enjoy camp
- Day 2 – Break down camp, full day of hiking (hopefully with some sweet peaks!), late afternoon arrival at campsite
- Day 3 – Hike down to the van, drive back to RI, and all-FOAM wrap-up dinner/program back at AMS