If you don’t know where you are, you don’t know who you are.
– Wendell Berry
FOAM-In is a 3-day exploration of Providence and the surrounding RI area. The program provides students an opportunity to get to know their new home while having fun with their new classmates.
- Walking or biking tour of Providence
- Afternoon picnic at Colt State Park
- Home-cooked dinner at AMS faculty and/or alumni’s home
- Farmer’s Market
- Day trip to Newport via the ferry from India Point Park
- Movie night upon return to Providence
- Morning service activity in Providence
- Guided tour of RISD Museum
- Evening all-program wrap-up dinner with FOAM-Out
- Participants will be assigned to a FOAM-In group with ~10 first-years and ~2 upperclassman leaders
- FOAM-In will operate from ~9 AM – 9 PM each day, and students will return home in the evenings (either at their own apartments or with an upperclassman host, if needed)
- All meals for three days are included, apart from breakfast on Saturday/Sunday
- Transportation to activities will be provided, though if you’re willing to drive your own car, we may ask that you help with carpooling!